Digital Marketing & Social Media Consultant // Trainer & Educator // Owner
Jay Lane Media
Apr. 2008 to Present
Helped organizations with their digital marketing and social media efforts. Lead training for large companies, local universities, trade groups, and professionals. (Note: Ran business full-time from Sept. 2009 through June 2010.)
- Launched websites and/or digital marketing programs for local SMBs and non-profits.
- Taught dozens of digital marketing-related classes for small business owners, executives, and professionals.
- Have served as contract in-house digital strategist/marketing director for multiple marketing agencies.
Director of Digital Strategy
Haven Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
Aug. 2018 to Aug. 2019
Lead enterprise digital marketing program for a system of seven behavioral health hospitals treating mental health and addiction. Responsibilities include strategy, website development/management, SEO/PPC, social media management, paid campaigns, online reputation management, and reporting. Hired on a 12-month contract to elevate the Haven brand online, redesign all websites, and to stabilize Haven’s digital marketing and social media efforts.
- Led redesign and development of seven facility websites and one corporate website to improve user experience, search engine optimization, content organization, conversions, and metrics.
- Completed third-party certification (LegitScript) to begin running paid addiction campaigns on Google and Facebook.
- Oversaw Google PPC campaigns to drive qualified leads accounting for nearly 10% of new patient admissions.
- Implemented Google reviews program that led to a 60% increase in positive reviews and overall ratings.
- Set-up call tracking platform to begin tracking and recording inbound marketing phone calls.
- Worked with the data team to match up hospital admissions from paid campaigns and determine ROI.
- Listened to and tagged 100’s of phone calls and shared findings/feedback with the Clinical Operations team.
- Created social media editorial calendars with themed content to drive awareness and engagement.
- Managed a team of contractors (designer, writer) and external agency partners (website development, PPC/SEO).
Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy
May 2016 to Jun. 2018
Led integrated enterprise marketing program for a system of 17 hospitals and 12 outpatient facilities (in 16 markets) treating addiction and mental illness. Oversaw localized digital marketing efforts in each market including website development/management, social media content/community management, PPC campaigns, search engine optimization, other paid campaigns, customized landing pages, online reputation management, email marketing, and metrics/reporting.
- Led redesign and relaunch of 17 facility websites to improve mobile experience, content, SEO, and conversions.
- Oversaw pay-per-click (PPC) and paid social/retargeting campaigns in all markets to drive awareness and leads.
- Set up phone call tracking, analytics, and live dashboards to track conversions, leads, and ROI.
- Organized all marketing assets and created infrastructure/processes for handling marketing-related requests from facilities, strategic partners, and vendors.
- Wrote comprehensive 30-page playbook outlining marketing strategy and processes for business development teams.
- Implemented Google reviews program that led to a 50% increase in positive reviews and overall rating (nearly 1 star).
- Oversaw design, development, and fulfillment of all printed marketing materials.
- Managed an internal support team, contractors and agency partners (website development, SEO, PPC, printing).
Oct. 2012 to May 2016
Digital Strategy Consultant, Senior Products (June 2015 to May 2016)
Oversaw My Well-Being Presented by Humana, an online acquisition and retention program for ~700,000 Humana members and prospects. Program responsibilities included content marketing, online communities, SEO, paid advertising campaigns, email marketing, and social media. Responsible for strategic direction for the program, managing agency partners, building internal partnerships/relationships, navigating appropriate legal/compliance review processes, and reporting on program activities to various stakeholders. Also responsible for strategy for various Medicare product lines.
Social Strategy Consultant & Community Manager, Enterprise Social Media (December 2013 to June 2015)
Responsible for the social strategy for Medicare, HumanaOne (individual Affordable Care Act plans) and other initiatives.
- Led day-to-day social media customer service efforts (Social Care) across all of Humana’s social properties including personally responding to/triaging thousands of members’ posts/comments/messages.
- Created a framework for handling customer service issues across all social properties and helped implement a social media management platform. The program was transitioned to Service Operations in Dec. 2014.
- Created and led boot camp training for Service Operations teams to educate them on social media best practices.
- Acted as the community manager for multiple social properties. Developed monthly editorial calendars, managed paid campaigns, monitored/responded to public/private conversations, and created monthly metrics dashboards.
Digital Strategy Consultant, HumanaVitality (October 2012 to December 2013)
Responsible for digital strategy and member user experience for HumanaVitality (now called Go365), an online wellness program that rewards members for being active and making healthy choices.
- Oversaw optimization projects to improve the member user experience within the Humana.com member portal.
- Created a comprehensive monthly metrics dashboard to track activity and user experience improvements.
- Led the 100 Day Dash, an enterprise-wide step (fitness) competition involving 13,000+ Humana associates. Oversaw development of the challenges website and leaderboards. Created and managed a community and weekly contests on Buzz, Humana’s internal social network that grew to 7,000+ members and drove significant program engagement.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Jun. 2010 to Oct. 2012
Provided digital account planning and digital strategy for clients covering website development projects, social media, email marketing, SEO/PPC, and online campaigns. Worked with agency leadership on business development efforts.
- Created project proposals/SOWs, presentations, timelines, competitive audits, sitemaps, wireframes, etc.
- Led digital strategy for redesign of a large-scale consumer-facing website for Fortune 100 client.
- Worked with media team to develop PPC and online advertising campaigns and custom landing pages.
- Oversaw testing efforts on all websites and applications to ensure cross-browser and platform compatibility.
Director, Interactive Services
New West Advertising & Public Relations
Nov. 2007 to Sept. 2009
Oversaw and managed all agency digital marketing services including website development, social media, and email marketing. Acted as subject matter expert for the agency and guided the executive team and staff through digital projects.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Sept. 2005 to Nov. 2007
Handled day-to-day digital strategy, planning, and execution for Fortune 500 client including 12+ websites/portals, large-scale PPC campaigns, online advertising campaigns, and email marketing.
Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
Received BA Degree in Advertising, May 1999
If you would like to learn more about me, please visit my About page.