Digital marketer by day. Maker by night.
I live with my wife and kids in Louisville, Kentucky. I make a living leading digital marketing and social media for a behavioral healthcare company and I also help local small businesses and non-profits with their digital marketing efforts.
Outside of digital marketing, I make custom wood signs and wall decor featuring logos, family names and quotes/sayings. You can learn more here.
Professional Digital Marketing Experience
I lead digital marketing efforts at Haven Behavioral Healthcare, a premier provider of behavioral healthcare services based in Nashville, TN with seven hospitals treating mental health and addiction. I oversee localized multi-location programs in seven different markets covering our websites, paid campaigns, pay-per-click, search engine optimization, social media, online reputation management, and reporting.
Before my foray into healthcare, I spent the majority of my career at large advertising agencies working on digital projects for consumer brands, government agencies, and local/regional companies.
Here’s a quick run-down of my digital marketing and social media experience going back to 2004:
- Director, Digital Strategy | Haven Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. | August 2018 to Present
- Consultant, Trainer & Educator, Owner | Jay Lane Media | April 2008 to Present
- Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy | Springstone, Inc. | May 2016 to July 2018
- Digital Strategy Consultant (Senior Products) | Humana | June 2015 to May 2016
- Social Strategy Consultant & Community Manager (Individual & Medicare Products) | Humana | December 2013 to June 2015
- Digital Strategy Consultant (HumanaVitality) | Humana | October 2012 to December 2013
- Digital Marketing Strategist | Power Creative | June 2010 to October 2012
- Director, Interactive Services | New West | October 2007 to September 2009
- Interactive Marketing Strategist | Power Creative | September 2005 to October 2007
- Account Executive, Interactive | Bisig Impact Group | June 2004 to September 2005
You can read more about my experience and specific roles on my LinkedIn page. Are we connected?
Teaching & Training
I have a curious mind and really enjoy learning new things. I enjoy sharing what I’ve learned with others and have taught 100+ digital marketing classes/seminars geared towards executives, small business owners, and professionals.
You can read more about my teaching and training experience here.
Woodworking & Other Creative Projects
I’ve loved creating and figuring out how to do things for as long as I can remember. My favorite pastime is woodworking. I got started in 2005 when I wanted to build my own poker table. I found plans online, borrowed my uncle’s tools/garage and created a poker table that I am still proud of today. I have since completed over 40 projects and you can see most of them in my project gallery.
In addition to my woodworking projects, I’ve found other fun things to work on including a book I wrote for new dads, my Video Gaming Dad blog, custom LEGO builds and a several video gaming-related ventures.